Recently a few people have questioned my credibility and have put all sorts of labels on me. Well this is my answer to them.
Dub is a lightweight Digitalcoin client based upon MultiBit. Dub stands for Digitalcoin Hub (more on that later) I initally got the idea for it a while before I began work on Coinmart. When I was not working on Coinmart I continued my work on Dub as a side project.Here are some quick facts:
- Dub is the first lightweight wallet that supports a cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin.
- No other cryptocurrency, not even Litecoin, has a lightweight wallet
- The platform which it runs on, digitalcoinj, is only the third Java implementation of a cryptocurrency's protocol after Bitcoin and Litecoin
Windows : http://getdub.com/packages/Windows/dub-0.1.1-windows-setup.exe
Mac : http://getdub.com/packages/Mac/dub-exe.jar
Linux : http://getdub.com/packages/Linux/dub-0.1.1-linux.jar
Here's a screenshot of how Dub looks :
If you find any bugs or errors let me knowdigitalcoinj
digitalcoinj is a Java implementation of the Digitalcoin protocol which allows it to maintain a wallet and send/receive transactions without needing a local copy of the official implementation. digitalcoinj is a port of litecoinj and bitcoinj to work with the Digitalcoin protocol. You can find the source code for digitalcoinj here : https://github.com/ShimalH/digitalcoinj
Coinmart will be integrated with Dub allowing you purchase items directly from your wallet. We have pushed Coinmart's launch date to 1 March to facilitate this feature
There currently is a 0.3% transaction fee. This will only be active for the next few months while we work on new features for Dub
I have contracted another external developer to help me work on Dub while the rest of the development team work on Coinmart.
I mentioned earlier that I wanted Dub to be more of a Digitalcoin Hub rather than just a wallet. These are just some of the features which we hope to add to Dub in the near future to make it more of a hub.Decentralized Exchange
- This is a big one, we are currently in the concept phase. One of the big problems with the concept of a decentralized exchange has been how to track wheter a user has completed the transfer of a fiat currency. We believed we've solved that problem by proposing to integrate a payment gateway directly into each Dub client. The only problem is that we would have to develop the payment gateway ourselves which will be a very time consuming task.Lotto
- Another feature in the concept phase. I'm sure many if not all of you have taken the lotto at some point. Well if you can do it with USD or any other fiat currency why not with Digitalcoin? Users would pay an amount around 50 DGC for an e-ticket. The 50 DGC will then be added to a decentralized jackpot (small sums of Digitalcoins will be distributed out to each client, but will be inaccessible by the users themselves) Your chances of winning increases with the number of e-tickets you've bought. A winner will be picked at random by the system and will win the jackpot.Integrated P2P Pool & Mining
This feature has been requested a lot. GUIminer-Scrypt will be integrated into Dub along with a P2P pool. The Pool would be integrated directly into Dub meaning that rewards would show up automatically in the user's wallet.